Thursday, June 23, 2011

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

What's Happening on your Thursday? Here's what's happening here in my little coastal town. Everybody is starting to get the 4Th of July is coming ITIS. Case in point. The front of my house had hail/sleet damage in March. I didn't see the paint peal until April, how observant am I? Anyway I called for the painters. They gave me an estimate and said they would be right back. It is now the middle of June no paint. I called them the other day and left this message. I need the house done before the 4Th of July. They showed right away and it is done. I have really cute awnings on my front windows and they need replacing. People came to measure and I asked when will they be ready? We can't have them ready until after the 4Th of July. So, we're gearing up for the big day and it will not get any better for at least ten days to two weeks after the Big Bang! You ask why? Everybody disappears afterwards and who knows where they go. It is the strangest thing but the 4Th of July just seems to take the wind out of everybodys sails. I'm sure you are wondering what this painting has to do with my story. This is a work in progress, sneak peek, of a canvas I'm trying to get ready for what? THE FOURTH OF JULY! I'm a true native and get the ITIS big time just like everybody else. So get going it's Thursday and almost the 4Th of July!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment